Nicole Smith Avatar

Other

worried about my boyfriend

Posted By: Nicole Smith 01-03-12

My Boyfriend left for boot camp today. i honestly can say the first night has to be the hardest, I'm trying to be strong but I've been a cry baby all night.... Does the 13 weeks go by fast? Im so worried that while he is gone he will some how fall out of love with me? i know thats silly to even thing, but it scares me to think that the marines might change him that much.. Im so proud of him for joining that marines!! But its not a easy thing to go through at all.. Has anyone else had any worries about losing there boyfriend during these 13 weeks? Thank you so much for the support!! lifting up prayers for all our men in service!

Bria Mason Avatar

Other

My boyfriend just left yesterday, the 18th.... How bad is it to deal through the 13 weeks? Is it a full 13 weeks all the time? And when should I expect a letter? Can you give me advice please. It's so hard

Posted by: Bria Mason on 06/18/2012

alex abplanalp Avatar

Other

yay maybe i can finally be of some help to someone!! my boyfriend left not too long ago and i know exactly how you feel, maybe we can get in touch sometime!! stay strong, you know he would want that :) write him a lot, they say that letters are the only thing getting them through. I'm going to be completely honest...for the first week or two the time doesn't exactly fly by but you'll get through this and love will get stronger while he's gone trust me girl!

Posted by: alex abplanalp on 04/10/2012

Deborah Lucero Avatar

Nicole- hey girl I know its hard being away from them! But 13 weeks will fly by just make sure to keep busy and write him as much as you can!! :)

Posted by: Deborah Lucero on 01/08/2012

kammie sifonte Avatar

i know the feeling! the best thing you can when you get your man's address is remind him that he is brave, and wonderful for his choice, and encourage him with thoughts of the future (i.e. graduation family day or when he comes home what you guys can do where you can go, foods he can eat again!). even reminding him what home is like, little things are what count like stories about your day, drawings from the children in your lives things like that. i have found that my recruit (also my boyfriend <3)loves the little horoscopes from the news paper (tear it right out put it in the envelope!) or if your man is into sports or maybe even a TV show you might want to give him an update. the "best" thing i have given my recruit so far is a hand made calendar-take some lose leaf or paper and just write the dates until he graduates(leave a little space so he can write notes or cross off the days as they go by, you might want to put birthdays or special occasions on there too-those are things that they don't get while there, small things that YOU can provide! puts smiles on his face.

also start sending stamps and envelops when you get the address (yes i am 100 % sure this is fine he may not know to ask, but i promise you it's fine) put 20 envelopes and 20 stamps in any size manilla envelope and send it out!

i know how it is, the first weeks are most difficult, i swear it gets better. god bless your boyfriend and make sure to remind him what a great service he is doing for our country, and that men and women like myself appreciate his sacrifices.

another thing i frequently send to my recruit are "mole skins" you can buy them at the drug sore open it up and stick them in a manilla enelope-they are to prevent or help blisters form the boots! (they are just pieces of felt with a sticky side essentially)

i thought i would never get passed the first month, it gets easier as the days roll on and writing letter (even if you dont necessarily get any back) makes you feel close to the recruit.also little projects like scrap books or preparing welcome home gifts helped me cope in the first month, i did a small welcome home/care package for my boyfriend it has his favorite snacks and toiletries in it.and i already have his christmas gift ready for when he comes back.things like that can really help you cope with the distance.

my baby boy left on Nov 7th he graduates feb 3rd.i am counting every day.when he first left i worried so much about him and how he felt towards me.but let me tell you.absence makes the heart grow fonder!he misses you and thinks of you just as much as you do.i freaking swear.maybe even more.my man was never good about sharing how he felt but the letters i got from him were filled with "i miss you" and "i love you". he will come back an even stronger better man, don't worry.

i love talking to other family members of recruits, i love sharing ideas and providing support, because we all feel the same, we are all counting the days until family day! so please message me because talking about it always makes it easier <3 with love -kammie

Posted by: kammie sifonte on 01/06/2012

Paulina Castro Avatar

Other

Hi Nicole, well my boyfriend left for boot camp on November 14 and graduates Febrauary 10 and its hard. I cryed like 2 days straight and the first 2 weeks were the hardest. But it does get easier and the best thing is to keep your self busy. Time seems to go faster when you stay busy. What helps me is i write him everyday and tell him about my day and what is going on, and the best feeling in the world is recieving those letters from him once a week. Just support him and tell him how proud you are of him. He is not gonna fall out of love with you, everyday and night he sits there and he is thinking about you and what your doing. He miss you as much as you miss him. This will only help your relationship be stronger. Just write him and always tell him how proud you are of him, thats will help him the most! Were are some of the strongest women and we only get stronger. (:

Posted by: Paulina Castro on 01/06/2012

Geovanna Rodriguez Avatar

Hey:
i know how u feel.. my boyfriend left to boot camp december 5 2011 and for the first time we spent holidays apart it was the most hard decision he made and you have to support him 100% is hard I KNOW I'm going through it but don't worry HE WILL NOT FALL OUT OF LOVE WITH U. HE MISSES YOU TRUST ME i thought the Same thing but when i started receiving his letterS WOW I HONESTLY I CAN SAY HE misses me and loves me . BEING APART WILL MAKE YOUR RELATIONSHIP STRONGER ANS WILL FALL MORE IN LOVE ... TRYST ME, IS HARD THE FIRST NIGHT BUT TRY NOT TO THINK ABOUT IT he's doing something that will benefit both of you guys and his future . support him 100% if it makes you fell better write to him everyday they need to hear from back home give me strength ... BUT NEVER WRITE NEGATIVE THINGs HE DOESNT NEED THAT talk about your day and weather positive stuff, ALWAYS AND IT WILL HELP HIM, BEST WISHES FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.. STAY STRONG

Posted by: Geovanna Rodriguez on 01/06/2012

Deborah Lucero Avatar

Great advice!! I agree with you it only makes the relationship stronger!! And It's amazing how letters make us feel so close to them! Stay strong :)

Posted by: Deborah Lucero on 01/08/2012

Ivan Petkovski Avatar

Supporter

Can I contact you somehow?!? I want to talk to you and ask you something :)
Thank You...