Faye Conley Avatar

So proud of my daughter

Posted By: Faye Conley 11-21-11

My daughter left for PI on 7 Nov. I was able to get her address a week later from her recruiter and started sending her letters but I didnt receive one from here til a few days ago. Shes at the stage of questioning her decision to join and it breaks my heart. I know this is something she has to go through on her own, but its so dang hard to not be able to make it all better.

Ana Bare Avatar

My daughter left on Nov 7th also I was wondering what company your daughter is on....mine is on Oscar

Posted by: Ana Bare on 01/29/2012

Linda Banfill Avatar

Hang in there and just keep sending her letters and letting her know how proud you are and that she can do anything she puts her mind to, hang in there mom it is very hard. I think it is as hard on us as it is on them. My son is in Phase 3 and graduates Jan. 20th his last letter was the changing one he is becoming the Man he's no longer the boy we seen leave in Oct.
Linda Banfill

Posted by: Linda Banfill on 01/02/2012

Cheryl Dietz Avatar

Is your daughter feeling any better about her decision?
My daughter left today & I have concerns about her making it? I am so worried about it all. How is your situation now? Cheryl

Posted by: Cheryl Dietz on 12/12/2011

Ana Bare Avatar

My Daughter is in OSCAR her name is Adriana, I will ask about Sarah she is also a 4002 I was wondering who is going to the graduation, maybe we all can try to stay on the same hotel.

Posted by: Ana Bare on 12/05/2011

Ana Bare Avatar

The first letter will always break your heart, mainly because we know the letters are on the way...but they don't. Remember what someone with a lifetime of experience had told me: They are going to break your daughter down to build her a Marine and then a woman.

We are from Texas, Ft. Hood, and all I can say it's: You as a parent are doing a great job.

Posted by: Ana Bare on 11/28/2011

Faye Conley Avatar

Thank you! Im still taking it one day at a time; her letters are getting better so that helps me a lot

Posted by: Faye Conley on 11/29/2011

Lennette Parker Avatar

My daugthter left for PI on Nov 7 also. She is in Oscar co PLT 4002. Maybe she is with your daughter. My daugher's first few letters were heartbreaking also. She said she cried alot but the last few have been a little better. Her last letter she told me she hurt her knee in martial arts training. She is so worried she is going to get dropped. The first week I think she would have been ok with it but now in her letters she seems much more confident and she wants so much to finish. I am praying for you & your daughter!

Posted by: Lennette Parker on 11/27/2011

Community Manager Avatar

COMMUNITY MANAGER

Ms. Parker, thank you for your participation on LifeAsAMarine.com. We appreciate you sharing your story with our community and hope you continue to update us on your daughter's journey through boot camp. -LifeAsAMarine Community Manager

Posted by: Community Manager on 11/28/2011

Faye Conley Avatar

Hi ; my daughter is also in Oscar Co Plt 4002. Her bunk mate is Sarah from Georgia but she hasnt mentioned anyone else. She is doing better; i keep telling her one day at a time; this is only temporary

Posted by: Faye Conley on 11/29/2011

Ana Bare Avatar

Ii wrote to my daughter today, the letters are changing each day, I "read" her changes each letter, I feel her stronger and bigger and at the same time so humble.

Posted by: Ana Bare on 12/13/2011

Ana Bare Avatar

Are you going to be there tomorrow?

Posted by: Ana Bare on 02/01/2012

Don Pjr Avatar

Faye, every one who enters any branch of the military has those moments where they question "What the heck have I gotten myself into?". As a prior Air Force man, who is also married to a prior Army woman, we both had those moments, and explained to our son that he too would have his moments. And he did...
But the growth comes with them navigating their way through those emotional thoughts and beginning to realize that they do in fact have what it takes to be UNITED STATES MARINES..

Don P Philly, pa

Posted by: Don Pjr on 11/22/2011

Faye Conley Avatar

Thanks Don; i am also retired Air Force and I have to tell you, its easier to be on the other side; this being a mom and waiting just sucks. :-)

Posted by: Faye Conley on 11/29/2011