Kim Clark Avatar

USMC Graduation and Station at Camp Pendleton - A Poem

Posted By: Kim Clark 11-19-11

First time seeing each other after 13 weeks.

Realizing just how much they missed one another...tears were falling from all of

The three brothers...together again.

Here they are...a new Marine, a soon-to-be Marine, and a little Marine yet to co

My 17 y/o son wrote the poem below for his brother, an 18 y/o new Marine, after he graduated from San Diego in September 2011, and was stationed in California. They are 14 months apart n age, and have never really been away from each other before RT. It was hard on them both, and the younger boy wrote this poem for him one day. They are very close, and are having a hard time dealing with being apart. He is in the DEP now, and is on his own path to a life as a Marine. I have 3 boys. One is a Marine, one is in the DEP to be a Marine, and one is counting down the years until he is 17 and can start towards being a Marine as well. I am a very proud mom.

JJ i miss you

By Bruce

You march alone to a different beat

You wear boots now instead of cleat

You have chosen the road less traveled

You are on the greatest path and cannot be baffled

You will be suited up for the coming battle

You are no longer at home making a rattle

You march forward swallowing your fear

You think of home, which brings a tear

It is never easy to be chosen

It is never easy to be called

It is never easy to pick up the weight that must be hauled

Heavy the weight will be on your shoulders

Heavy is the weight put on all soldiers

You will be tested

For your journey is long

But you possess the strength to carry on

It is never easy to be chosen

It is never easy to be the one that they will call

For you will be on the frontline when the bombs start to fall

You know there will be sacrifice

You know that some may pay the ultimate price

You know that if it is your time to pay for our freedom

God will have a place made for you in his kingdom

Angel Sovia Avatar

Other

AMEN!! Very true thanks for the poem

Posted by: Angel Sovia on 06/29/2012

ricky bobbi Avatar

Supporter

nice

Posted by: ricky bobbi on 02/15/2012

Colleen Ryan Avatar

Other

that is so touching. I have a twin brother but we were never close let alone insuperable. The fact that your sons are so close is a blessing. I have never known siblings to be so close. you are very lucky, I hope both of the boys are doing well. I wish all of you the best of luck.

Posted by: Colleen Ryan on 01/09/2012

Kim Clark Avatar

Thanks Colleen! My oldest just got back from South Korea and heads out for another deployment overseas again here shortly. It was nice to get a few days home with him! They boys hung out together the entire time. Lol! My second son is set to leave for RT in Sept. so soon I will have two Marines. :)

Posted by: Kim Clark on 05/06/2012

Deborah Lucero Avatar

Such an amazing poem. Love it!

Posted by: Deborah Lucero on 01/09/2012

Kim Clark Avatar

Thanks! I had no idea he was writing it so of course, I cried big time when I read it!

Posted by: Kim Clark on 05/06/2012

Cindy Hayden Avatar

wow...amazing! My son graduated boot camp in October is now in SOI. His siblings miss him very much! His younger brother (17 mos apart) struggled the first few months but it's getting easier. When he goes back from leave, it stirs things up but we adjust, we have to. He's doing what he has always wanted to do! Good luck to you all, may god bless your sons & keep them safe always!

Posted by: Cindy Hayden on 12/19/2011

Kim Clark Avatar

Thanks Cindy! He's only been home twice - once after RT last of Sept and once just this past week (see the new post I just did about that one!) so everyone was very happy to see him again! It was hard to let him go again, knowing that we won't see him again until maybe Christmas. He deploys again here soon, with limited communication, so that's really hard...Congratulations on your son graduating, and let him know I thank him for his service!

Posted by: Kim Clark on 05/06/2012

Taylor Wodrich Avatar

My boyfriend is a marine and i came aross this and it made me cry.. I just wanted to let you know that it gets easier the more your use to it.. Tell both of your sons to keep their heads up!!!

Posted by: Taylor Wodrich on 12/12/2011

Kim Clark Avatar

Sorry I missed your reply! Thanks for the positive advice and I will pass it along to them. :)

Posted by: Kim Clark on 05/06/2012

Carolyn  Alvarado Avatar

Kim,
I must met you someday in person. You & your boys sound just like my kids & myself. We are all so close. I live in Bakersfield CA.

Posted by: Carolyn Alvarado on 12/07/2011

Kim Clark Avatar

Sorry I missed this reply Carolyn! We live in central Iowa so.....we live kinda far away! :) We did make it to CP to see my son for just a few days before he left for Korea, and won't be back there again until my middle boys graduates from RT in December. Please keep in touch and let me know how you and your family and Marine is doing! :)

Posted by: Kim Clark on 05/06/2012

Carolyn  Alvarado Avatar

Kim,
Wow is all that I can say as the tears run down my face....BEAUTIFUL! How proud you are I just know it. It also makes me proud to know that your boys will become brothers to my son in the Marine Family. Good Luck to you & your family.

Carolyn

Posted by: Carolyn Alvarado on 11/22/2011

Kim Clark Avatar

Thank you Carolyn! I still cry everytime I read it... :( They all miss each other so much! The littlest brother (11 y/o) won't even let me put his USMC posters up yet, because they make him think about JJ and cry. Is that just sad or what?? He is also in that same program the boys were (USNSCC) and is planning on joining at 17 as well. I will need that luck from you to make it through these boys and how they make me worry so! :)

Posted by: Kim Clark on 12/04/2011