susan nazzaro Avatar

Daughter off to Parris Island August 22, 2011

Posted By: susan nazzaro 08-23-11

My daughter shipped to Parris Island August 22. Any other mom's with daughters that shipped that day? I am so pround but yet so scared for her I kind of wish I could do the training for her just so she wouldn't have to. I know she will be fine and excel at whatever she chooses it is just hard to have to know what they are going through and I can't help. If any other mom's of daughters are on this site, can you please offer a little advice to get through this? We got the phone call at 12:30 that she arrived safely it didn't even sound like her

Tammy Phillips Avatar

Our daughter left also on August 22. We are so proud and excited for her to spread her wings and fly in order to reach her stars. The USMC has given her a focus in life and the ambition to achieve her dreams.

Posted by: Tammy Phillips on 08/24/2011

susan nazzaro Avatar

Thank you Tammy. I am very proud of her she has been dreaming of being a Marine since she was 7 sitting on her grandfathers lap watching JAG. She determination like I have never seen in her before lost 40 pounds, trained every day, had minor surgery to have tubes (from childhood) taken from her ears, her ears patched and every step of the way was more and more determined to ear the title United States Marine.

Posted by: susan nazzaro on 08/24/2011

Tanya Boutot Avatar

Susan-- I completely understand. My daughter shipped on August 8. This will definitely be a tough time for our daughters and ourselves but we will all get through it---write her everyday if possible...I've written more than 14 letters already and received 2. Even when the letters aren't coming in...keep sending them. We got the 2nd letter today and the last thing Jacquelyn wrote was---tell people to send letters. They need the encouragement and motivation. I'd love to stay in touch as our daughters become US Marines. All the best---stay the course. Tanya

Posted by: Tanya Boutot on 08/23/2011

susan nazzaro Avatar

I have been writing her since the day before she left sending words of praise and encouragement little jokes and telling her how proud we are to be called her Parents. Just waiting for the post card so I can mail the letters. Thanks for your support and yes we will get through this. There is no doubt in my mind.

Posted by: susan nazzaro on 08/24/2011

Sherrie Lopez Avatar

Our daughter left for boot camp on June 6, 2011. We also got the call where their script of what they say is said then the phone hung up. I was very proud yet crying at the same time... It is hard to not be able to call her and make sure she is okay. However she does write us a letter every 3-4 weeks to let us know she is okay. She did tell us that boot camp is harder than she expected but she will make it through and she has not changed her mind out of making a career out of the Marine Corp. We have one week to go to see her. She is graduating on Sept 2, 2011. She then gets to come home for 10 days before she is sent to North Carolina. As mothers we are protectors and it is hard to realize that our children are adults now and that our daughters and/or sons can handle tough situations to reach their goals.. She will be home before you know it.

Posted by: Sherrie Lopez on 08/23/2011

Robin Pierce Avatar

I have a son that shipped off on the 22 nd and I agree that when I got the call from him it was shocking the way he sounded. I know how sad and proud I am at the same time with any other emotion that you can imagine letting my son go I could not see my daughter going. My son called at about 930 so y'all must be further north than we are. I'm in Virginia. He left from Ft. Lee . I can now wait for my first letter. My name is Robin and my son is Joseph . I think i'm in the same boat as you wanting to do boot camp for him . I know how you feel it was the toughest thing I have ever done putting him on that van to his future keep in touch

Posted by: Robin Pierce on 08/23/2011

susan nazzaro Avatar

Thank you Robin God willing we will be at graduation together Please keep in touch and keep me updated it kind of sounds like we are in the same boat

Posted by: susan nazzaro on 08/24/2011