Cindy Hayden Avatar

JULY 25 to PI, lima co, plt 3085

Posted By: Cindy Hayden 08-12-11

I am looking for any moms who want to stay in touch and share stories on how are sons are doing. There's a lot of information to be shared and a lot of us have the same questions...maybe we can help each other. One mom started a face book pg for the moms in her sons Co. It helps when we can do this together, to know we are not alone!!

kathi tasetano Avatar

Ladies, Hi! Just came upon this as I too was searching for any pictures of recruits. If you are on facebook, send me a friend request. Some of Moms, there are 22 members now with a few from Plt. 3086 have formed a group Plt. 3085. If you friend me on facebook Kathi Tasetano, I will add you to group. We also have a few high school girlfriends on there if your sons have girlfriends. Found it easier on Facebook since everyone is always on!

Posted by: kathi tasetano on 09/14/2011

Cindy Hayden Avatar

HI Stephanie,
I haven't received a letter from my son since last Saturday, that was sent out on the 17th. His dad and i are starting to worry. His letter last saturday was so uplifting, he sounded so good that i actually didn't really worry for most of the week..but now... I'm praying for a letter tomorrow! I am praying that all teh guys are safe... It looks like the hurricane may have missed them, I really can't find anything specific. Hope you are doing well..
Cindy

Posted by: Cindy Hayden on 08/28/2011

Stephanie Bowser Avatar

I got another letter yesterday. I have been getting 1 a week. He sounds very positive. He said the platoon is really connecting & building friendships. So glad to hear that! I know what you mean about missing him, I sure do miss Brandon! I keep trying to imagine what he will look like when we see him. I pray that they all survive the hurricane this weekend without any issues.

Posted by: Stephanie Bowser on 08/24/2011

Cindy Hayden Avatar

Kathleen...I'm so glad your son is doing well! I got a letter Saturday and Tim seems to be doing very well too. He actually did well & dare i say, maybe liked, the wall climb & obstacle course! Although, he was climbing my walls at home at age 2! Between his friends and exrended family, he too said he has so many letters he hasn't had time to read them!

Stephanie..I've been looking too! We are still up in the air as to wether or not we should fly or drive. There is pros & cons to both! I just can't wait, it will be so good to see my son. He has a brother 17 months younger and he really misses him. Actaully all 3 of them do!

I can't believe we are starting week 5! I am so proud of these guys!!!!

Posted by: Cindy Hayden on 08/23/2011

Stephanie Bowser Avatar

I agree that we as parents should keep in touch and support each other. My s. on, Brandon, sounds very positive in his letters. I can't believe that 4 weeks have passed already. I have started looking online for a place to stay for graduation. It will be here before we know it. He did ask me to send him postage stamps, but hasn't asked for anything else. I did send him avon skin so soft because the commander at MEPS suggested it. I hope he didn't have any problems because of it.

Posted by: Stephanie Bowser on 08/21/2011

Kathleen Sproston Avatar

Hi Cindy! Great to hear you have received mulitple letters! In my sons big letter he is very upbeat and making jokes. He is loving the Marines and almost all of boot camp. Of course the first week was rough but he was OK with it! He had to have two teeth pulled last week and was on bed rest for one day and light duty the next. He said if he had refused to have the teeth pulled he would have been sent home that day! My son is also 18 and graduated this June. He has been in the DEP since 12/10. He was interested in college for a short while even got accepted to the Citadel in SC but then changed his mind and wanted to enlist. I had been writing him letters everyday also but he jokiingly asked me to stop and only write when I get a letter from him as he doesn't have enough to time to read them all. He told a few stories so far but funny ones. He sounds great! I was very nervous at first but since I have gotten that long letter I know he is fine and doing what he wants to do! No he has not asked me to send him anything not even stamps so unless he specifically tells me too I won't do it. I don't want him to get any unwanted attention because of me!! My son is very down to earth, always laughing and cracking jokes. He still has a sense of humor in his letter! He does have a lazy streak that I am almost positive that he will lose in boot camp! We are from Petersburg, VA. Talk to you soon!!

Posted by: Kathleen Sproston on 08/17/2011

Kathleen Sproston Avatar

Hi Cindy! My son left the same day as yours headed to PI. He is also in Lima Co. but in PLT 3080. Still would love to share experiences with you if you would like! I received a five page letter from him yesterday! Very informative!

Posted by: Kathleen Sproston on 08/17/2011

Cindy Hayden Avatar

Hi Kathleen,
I have received a lot of letters from my son. Some make me cry, some laugh & some give me goose bumps from overwhelming pride! Where do you live? We live in Webster, NY. My son is 18 & he graduated 3 weeks before leaving. I have missed him terribly, I think of him of him constantly and I write him every day! He was in the delayed entry program, he has wanted to be a Marine since middle school. He has a deep passion for his country and history. Has your son asked you to send him any power bars? I just found out we have to send them stamps too. How are you handling this, what is your son like?

Posted by: Cindy Hayden on 08/17/2011