Marisela Arvizu Avatar

Graduation date of October 7,11 Parris Island

Posted By: Marisela Arvizu 07-29-11

My daughter left at 3:30 a.m. on June 20th, I can count the days I have not cried for her. She was only 17, turning 18 July 25th,11. She became ill the first 2 weeks of boot camp, I felt extremely helpless here in L.A. while she was 100 miles away. She is better now, and says she believes she is an expert "cleaner" and can wait to see us again on graduation day. All I want to do is hold her again in my arms, for she is the younger girl of two children. For those mothers missing their daughters, I share your tears and heartache, as I think of her every moment of my day.

ELIZABETH FROST Avatar

I TOO MISS MY DAUGHTER,IT HASNT BEEN EASY NOT TALKING 2 HER.SHE TOO WENT EARLY NOW OUR BABIES R 18 YR OLD WOMEN WITH A GREAT FUTURE.THANKS LIZZ

Posted by: ELIZABETH FROST on 09/21/2011

Lori Reichelderfer Avatar

I am so sorry to hear that your daughter got sick, but glad she is better now. I am praying for all the recruits, including my daughter - she left on Jul 11, and is supposed to graduate on Oct 7th as well. I also can't wait to see and hold Ana - as parents we all are so proud of these young women and men, who are finding their place in life, and serving their country. God bless you!

Posted by: Lori Reichelderfer on 07/29/2011

Marisela Arvizu Avatar

Lori, first of all thanks for replying and sharing. I think I talk about my daughter as if I will never see her again, but I will. I just think that I miss her more than everyone because she is my baby girl, I am slowly but surely shortening my tears, I see her bedroom empty, but clean and organized. Before she left I continually asked her to keep it neat and organized to save time, and of course because its the right thing to do. I am almost regretting it, but at the same time as a mom, we want our children t succeed and survive and make good choices in life. As we know nothing is perfect in life, but learning to laugh at things and learning is always welcomed. My girl was head strong about joining, I would drive her to school and try to convince her not to join, it became an argument. I finally gave up and allowed her to live her decision at 17 1/2. Today she tells me in her letter that she is squad leader for platoon 4031 4th RBTN. Wow it would be nice if your daughter knew mine. Pecas is such a cute name, we call Mariah "Papaya" because it rhymes with her name, but mostly because she loves the fruit, and when I was pregnant with her I ate lots of papaya, and she was so healthy and strong, she stands almost 5'8" and solid as she loved working out, and being fit like her Dad. Lulu I would love to keep in touch with you about your daughter, and who knows we may see eachother in S.C. on Oct 7th. Can we do that?

Posted by: Marisela Arvizu on 08/02/2011

Lori Reichelderfer Avatar

Hi Marisela! Wow, that is awesome about your daughter making squad leader:) Ana did too! She is also headstrong and wanted this more than anything. She is in PLT 4030 RTBN...sounds right next to your daughters platoon. Both of my daughters are in the military...the oldest is in the Army, and I couldnt be more proud. I hope your tears are lessening with time...God bless, Lori

Posted by: Lori Reichelderfer on 08/04/2011

lulu cazares Avatar

I was in your same situation marisela. my daughter is currently in north carolina doing her mct training . i wish i could tell you that it get's easier but it dosen't . She came home for her 10 day leave and even stayed and extra 14 days because she was lucky enough to get recruiters assistant. It dosen't get any better or easier. I cry every single day. It's so hard to realize and except that our baby girls aren't our babies anymore. But she will be fine. And the only advice i can give to you is write to her every single day. Those letters get them through all the emotions she goes through on a daily basis. And prepare yourself when she comes home. She will be a little detached. They miss their fast paced daily routine they left at bootcamp. Again write,write, write. Even when u don't want to write.

Posted by: lulu cazares on 07/29/2011

Marisela Arvizu Avatar

Lulu, I so know what your enduring. I think my eye lashes have thinned out due to the tears. I write every other day, but I can surely find things to write about every day. She actually asked me to write what we do, what is going on, everything so she can picture everything that is happening over here. We are such a close family, that I never thought I would appear like this to my family, but I have been supported, and I plan to pick up the party that we had before she left in the same way, there were over 50 friends and family that were here before she left, just so much fun, but yet sad at 3:30 a.m. that Monday morning, it was as if someone passed away. My mother, Mariahs Grandmother was trying to be strong, and ask for her everyday.We pray for her health, and that she is well. and I just know she is enduring alot. What can I say, life is just not the same without her, but we are here for her 1000 % and always will be, as a mother we climb mountains for our children, and that love is what keeps us strong.

Posted by: Marisela Arvizu on 08/02/2011