Tammy  Danner Avatar

Has anyone heard who won the initial drill 7/25/11?

Posted By: Tammy Danner 07-27-11

Calendar looks like our recruits had a busy week this week. Initial drill, initial written test, rappel tower and gas chamber & indidvidual pictures! I usually have to remind my son to smile in his pictures but told him I wouldn't ask him to smile for this one.
Prayers to all of our sons and daughters.

Esmeralda Evans Avatar

there is a newspaper that takes photos all the time and at every graduation have an insert with all the recruits name and the platoon they are in, www.thebootandjetstream.com another website with great info is recruitparents.com Hope this helps,
Esmeralda

Posted by: Esmeralda Evans on 09/04/2011

Hilde Henry Avatar

Tammy , our son is in 2074. I would love to have a more efficient way to contact you, are you on FaceBook? I am you could look me up if you want. Hilda Smith Henry, Orlando Florida

Posted by: Hilde Henry on 08/01/2011

Tammy  Danner Avatar

Yes I am. Tammy Hoffman Danner, Galion Ohio

Posted by: Tammy Danner on 08/03/2011

susie ballard Avatar

My son left for boot camp on July 11th. It has been the hardest 3 weeks without him. First letters broke my heart because he couldnt understand why he hadn't received any mail. Today received letter and he had gotten a letter from me and I could tell he was so happy. I am praying for all our sons and daughters.

Posted by: susie ballard on 07/30/2011

Jessie Beeck Avatar

Sorry to barge in, but when did your recruits arrive on Parris Island? My boyfriend arrived on the 26th of July

Posted by: Jessie Beeck on 07/30/2011

kelly delp Avatar

Tammy what platoon is your son in? Mine Is in 2078 2nd BN f co.

Posted by: kelly delp on 07/28/2011

Tammy  Danner Avatar

he is in 2074

Posted by: Tammy Danner on 07/29/2011

Hilde Henry Avatar

What pictures? I did not know they took pictures while at bootcamp. What happens if they win the initial drills? My son has been at Parris Island since July 20th.
New mom to this, please answer.

Posted by: Hilde Henry on 07/28/2011

Tammy  Danner Avatar

Go to www.mcrpi.usmc.mil and click on tab recruit training. This will give you a day by day calendar and details about specific training days.
Hope this is helpful!

Posted by: Tammy Danner on 07/29/2011

Pam Jensen Avatar

Pictures are taken in week five. Dress Blues I believe! NO SMILIING! per my daughters recruiter.. :-)

Posted by: Pam Jensen on 07/29/2011

Nancy Mutek Avatar

Hello, I'm a recruit mom of 3rd RCT Bn, Co K, Plt 3077. My son left for Parris Island on June 27th.. There's pictures posted on facebook for different Co's. Search facebook for MCRD PARRIS ISLAND, click on photos, there are many different photo albums to look through. TD-13 is pictures of Kilo Co, but I didn't see my son in any of those pictures. I will keep looking maybe I will see him in training before he graduates. I can't wait until graduation, I hope everything is going well for my son I say the recruit's prayer everyday in hopes it gives him just a little extra strength, and courage to make it thru each day. I'm sure the pictures will look great, although, I haven't seen a Marine picture with a smile. They are always with a very serious look on their faces! And, I can't wait to see the recruit's yearbook!

Posted by: Nancy Mutek on 07/30/2011

Hilde Henry Avatar

I see the schedule but I was looking for the photos that you were talking about. My son is in Plt 2074, 2nd Bn F. Co. ........ your is in 2078 .... do you think they ever meet up? I would like to connect with family of recruits in my sons platoon if possible. He is in week 7, hopefully graduating Sept 16th .
Thanks, Hilde

Posted by: Hilde Henry on 07/31/2011

Sonya  Del Rio Avatar

Do you know if we get to see the picture's? I usually do the same thing but I will be Ok with no smile. Will do!! Prayers every day for our sons & daughters. Thanks, for sharing. Please keep us posted.

Posted by: Sonya Del Rio on 07/28/2011

Tammy  Danner Avatar

From what I understand we get the pictures on family day.

Posted by: Tammy Danner on 07/29/2011

Wendy Burch Avatar

Not yet girl I'm glad can follow along with what is going on with our recruits, some what anyway. Still praying for our Son and the rest of the platoon.

Posted by: Wendy Burch on 07/27/2011

Tammy  Danner Avatar

go to www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil and click on recruit training for a day by day calender. This will also give specific info about training days.

Posted by: Tammy Danner on 07/29/2011