Kathy Wolfe Avatar

Family

Shipped out June 27th to San Diego

Posted By: Kathy Wolfe 06-29-11

Our crazy kid did it! Amongst the nerves our family is proud of our boy! Christopher is in for quite a ride. He's been gearing up for this for several years, a new graduate from high school allowed him only 1 week of "freedom". He can be a strong guy and if he stays focused and not de-railed, he will succeed. I am praying for him, to stay safe, have patience and trust in the lord and in himself. I've been on this website for over a year and it's helped quite a bit getting ready...so now the journey begins...

mayra estrada Avatar

hi my son leave a week before june 20 to MCRD san diego, wats very hard for me , he never live the house for long time hi is a wonderfol son, love him so much and miss him, hope you doing ok, is very hard to be away from your kids for the fist time

Posted by: mayra estrada on 08/04/2011

Tim Lathrop Avatar

Hello Fellow Community Members,
My son Scott shipped on 27 June. I retired from 21 years in the Navy in 1990. I recognized superior training as received by all the Marines I encountered during my career...so when my son was nearing HS graduation...I encouraged him to put on the Globe & Anchor. Young men and women need the training that life in the military gives them. It will help prepare them for the rest of their lives. It teaches self-reliance, teamwork and instills them with a self-confidence that nothing else in the world can. The Marines start with kids...and turn out squared away adults. Scott will learn more in his first 13 weeks than he did in 4 years of HS! He left home a teenager...but will return a man.

Posted by: Tim Lathrop on 07/28/2011

Amy Thompson Avatar

My son ships out August 1st. I'm happy and sad all at the same time. Really glad I found this website!

Posted by: Amy Thompson on 07/25/2011

Community Manager Avatar

COMMUNITY MANAGER

Amy, welcome to LifeAsAMarine.com! Please continue to comment on stories that you find helpful, and feel free to submit a story to our site as well.
-LifeAsAMarine.com Community Manager

Posted by: Community Manager on 07/26/2011

Amy Welty Avatar

Hi Amy! My son leaves Aug. 1 as well. I totally understand how you feel!

Posted by: Amy Welty on 07/27/2011

Kathy Wolfe Avatar

Family

Hi Sharon!
What great news to hear!!! Wow how exciting! I'm soooo hoping we get the same "kind" of letter. I naturally think they can't stand it...but this give me hope that he may just think its great just like Jacob!!!
YAY!

Posted by: Kathy Wolfe on 07/11/2011

Sharon Fuller Avatar

My son Jacob shipped out on June 29 for San Diego. I got his first letter on Friday. He said it sounds crazy but he is enjoying bootcamp. I hope he was telling the truth and not saying that for my sake. I am very proud of my son but I feel lost and worry most of the day. I pray everynight for him and tell him I love him. Jacob said he wanted to go into the Marines since 8th grade and never really said anything until he graduated. I am counting the days and looking forward to graduation of bootcamp.

Posted by: Sharon Fuller on 07/11/2011

Kathy Wolfe Avatar

Family

It's great hearing your stories, we all build families here, just like our children are building brotherhood/sisterhood! Keep us up to date on the next step... POSTCARDS from them!!

Posted by: Kathy Wolfe on 07/06/2011

Community Manager Avatar

COMMUNITY MANAGER

Kathy,
Thank you for contributing your stories and comments to LifeAsAMarine.com. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to hear more from you in the future.
LifeAsAMarine.com Community Manager

Posted by: Community Manager on 07/13/2011

sherry uribe Avatar

My son also left for boot camp the same day as your son; he only had the weekend following his high school graduation before he had to leave; I did not locate this website until after he had left but I am finding it very helpful. I look forward to hearing form him hopefully soon and continue to keep him in prayer throughout his entire journey.

Posted by: sherry uribe on 07/04/2011

Sam Shelley Avatar

I love this website! My 17 year old just signed for next year. On Monday, he'll go to MEPS for testing and swearing in! Then, like you, we'll be waiting for the next year to fly by and I'll be where you are right now! Keep us posted! I'll look forward to following you and hearing of the call and letters!

Posted by: Sam Shelley on 07/01/2011

Haylee Lynn Peterson Avatar

Kathy,

Yes it is quite a journey. My fiance left for bootcamp on 6/13 and I miss him alot and I am thankful to say that I received a letter from him today :) It felt good to hear from him lol. I was on cloud nine haha. I hope everything goes great for your son. We have to be their strength :)

-Haylee

Posted by: Haylee Lynn Peterson on 06/30/2011

Sarah York Avatar

Other

Hi there Kathy! Your son and my boyfriend were shipped out to San DIego on the same day! 13 weeks to go for us! :)

Posted by: Sarah York on 06/30/2011