Annette Burton Avatar

Does Anyone Know How Long It Takes To Get An Address To Send Letters?

Posted By: Annette Burton 06-25-11

Hi Everyone,

My son left last Monday, June 20, 2011 for Parris Island. In his "very hurried" phone call to let us know he had arrived safely, he said he would write us in 7 - 9 days...???? Is that time frame accurate? How long does it take to get his address? Any answers would be great. His Dad and I are dying to send the letters we have been writing him.

Thanks in advance.

Luberta Hurst Avatar

Hi,
My name is Luberta, and that time frame sounds right. I hope by the time you read this post you will have an address for your son. My son is at MCRD & Camp Pendleton in San Diego. So I know how much the letters can help...
I hope this helps. I know it's hard waiting and wondering, but he will be fine.
Let me know when you get that first letter :)

Posted by: Luberta Hurst on 08/01/2011

Caprice Long Avatar

It took 12 days for me to receive my first letter. I was so anxious to get one. Now that I've gotten it, I re-read it all the time. It is nice to know that us mothe's are very appreciated now that they don't have us around like we were before they left. I wrote him the same day I got the letter. I wonder how long it will take or him to receive it. Tell all his friends to write as well. Let me know what platoon and batillion he is in.

Posted by: Caprice Long on 07/06/2011

Annette Burton Avatar

Hi Everyone,

We finally got the form letter from my son last Friday, July 1. This is the letter that gives his mailing address. We also got our first letter from him today. He's said he's doing great, staying really busy. He said that the first 10 days went by really quickly because he is so busy. His spirits are good, which makes me happy. I hope everyone else that has a son or daughter that left on the 20th of June has heard something by now.

Posted by: Annette Burton on 07/05/2011

Hilde Henry Avatar

Hi Annette,
We got our first letter about the same time. We have been lucky and got about one maybe two letters every week, but since July 17th he has not written at all.... we are a little worried, My son is in PLT 2074 2nd Bn F Co. Have you had any letters recently or are the just so busy the past two weeks? Maybe he is writing back to others and put us on hold for a week, who knows? Just would like to know if other moms are getting letters. Thanks Hilda

Posted by: Hilde Henry on 07/31/2011

lisa lester Avatar

I got a letter from my son...yes, yes, yes!!! I never did recevie the form letter. I received a 2 page hand written letter from my son. He said everything is going smooth for the most part, that the days run into each other. He wrote it in June 27th so it only took 5 days to get to me. He is in 2nd Bn F co Plt 2076....so the address the recruiter gave me is correct. He didn't mention if he had received any of the letters I sent him. He left for Parris Island June 20th

Posted by: lisa lester on 07/03/2011

Sonya  Del Rio Avatar

Please when you recieve your letter any letter post it please. My son left on June 20th also. Trying to be patient but this waiting is driving me crazy....

Posted by: Sonya Del Rio on 07/01/2011

Wendy Burch Avatar

yes you should receive it in that time frame. I received mine the 9th day. stay strong you are not feeling anything that most of us arent feeling.

Posted by: Wendy Burch on 07/01/2011

Tammy  Danner Avatar

Call his drill instructor. I got an address Monday also.

Posted by: Tammy Danner on 06/29/2011

Diana  Thompson Avatar

My son left on June 13 for Parris Island and his recruiter called and gave me an address the following Monday and then the letter came with the actual address Wednesday, so mine took 9 days. We got an acutal letter from him Saturday the 25th. The first one was just the typed letter they send out to all the parents with the address and name of senior DI. The second letter is handwritten by our babies!!

Posted by: Diana Thompson on 06/29/2011