Janet Brown Avatar

June 20, 2011

Posted By: Janet Brown 06-22-11

My son left Monday, June 20, 2011 for bootcamp in San Diego. Did anyone else's son leave then? It's only been a few days, but I am missing him terribly. I got the phone call at 6:15pm yesterday saying he was there and safe, it was so short and its hard to believe I wont hear his voice again for 3 months! I'm so proud of him, but it sure is hard on his Mama!

Adriana Russell Avatar

Hello Janet, my son left the same day, i have received very positive and upbeat letters from my son and Im getting stronger n stronger as the days and weeks pass by. I have not connected with anybody from my son's platoon 1035 but we are in the same 1st RNBT Bravo Company, it will be lovely to connect :D i'm yet to hear something about the Greet and Meet day before Family Day... 38 days until we get to hug our Brave and Honorable Sons then 39 days to hug our Marine's sons. Oh what a Happy and Proud that day is going to be for all the Bravo Co Families. I can hardly wait unti Sept 16. Also, I have not bought any Bravo shirts or anything as a matter of fact and many of my fb friends tell me that im running behind... can somebody give me what im suppose to buy??? Thank you very much. Kind Regards,

Posted by: Adriana Russell on 08/07/2011

Luberta Hurst Avatar

My son left a few weeks before your son for San Diego. The brief call makes you feel as though he may have been kidnapped; but that feeling passes:) It took me a while, and although I have those moments of missing him terribly it has gotten much better. I think it's my separation issues and learning to let him go (quicker than I wanted to), but we're making this transition. I'm so proud of my son & your son too!

Posted by: Luberta Hurst on 08/01/2011

Janet Brown Avatar

My son is in 1st RTBN Bravo Company, PLT 1033. I've gotten 2 letters from him and he says he likes his platoon and that time is going fast. I still miss him everyday. So many things remind me of him. I know it's only a few months but I'm ready for graduation!!!!

Posted by: Janet Brown on 07/12/2011

Sharon Fuller Avatar

My son left June 29,2011 for San Diego but I never received a call that he made it. I am so worried and praying I will get a letter soon.

Posted by: Sharon Fuller on 07/05/2011

Rosa Herrera Avatar

Hello, my son also left June 20,2011 for bootcamp at San Diego from Dallas, Tx. Do you know what PLT. your son is in? My son is in 1st RTBN Bravo Company Platoon 1031. I received the first letter from him with this information and more helpful information along with his letter. Hope to hear from him soon. It has been so hard to not hear his voice. I try not to think about how long it's going to be until we see him again, so I try to focus on something positive like his graduation day, of how proud we are of him.

Posted by: Rosa Herrera on 07/03/2011

Sonya  Del Rio Avatar

I am very proud of my son as well. Like you I can't believe we won't get to hear their voice for 3 long months. I've been trying to be patient in waiting for his first letter. He also left for PI on June 20th.

Posted by: Sonya Del Rio on 07/01/2011