Haylee Lynn Peterson Avatar

Missing him alot

Posted By: Haylee Lynn Peterson 06-19-11

My fiance just left for bootcamp on June 13, 2011 to San Diego. I have not heard from him but I feel that he is ok and I know he will write me very soon. I miss him so much and I hope he knows that I love him with all my heart and that our souls are connected even with him being so far away. I hope everyone else who has a boyfriend, husband, wife, fiance, son, daughter girlfriend etc... Who is int he marines remain proud of them and know they are doing something amazing!

If anyone has someone in San Diego bootcamp now then please do not be afraid to reach out :) let's stay in touch. Not fun going through this alone.

Bye for now.

Haylee Lynn Peterson Avatar

Thanks so much guys!!!!!

Yes I really am super excited. He sneaks and writes me at night when lights out :) I just received another letter from him today and I can tell he really needs to hear from me very soon. He says it sucks but it is getting better. He misses his mom, sisters and most of all me. He hopes I write him soon and send him pictures as I am his motivation. I held the letter close to my heart and hope he can feel how much love and passion I have in my heart for him. I am going to send the package off soon to him :)

Sarah,

I am sure Ted will write you back soon darling. Just hang in there. I know it is hard but trust me it is worth the wait :) Also I want to go to his graduation so bad but I asked him in one of the letters if he wants me to come then I shall be there to cheer him on :)

-Haylee

Posted by: Haylee Lynn Peterson on 07/01/2011

Haylee Lynn Peterson Avatar

Everyone!!!!!!,

I recieved my first letter today :) It was 3 pages dates different days. It was amazing. I love him so much and he told me that everything is going well. His only concern is about not having enough time to eat his food lol. I am in tears because I am just so happy that he wrote me finally. I have his address so I will send out all 15 of these letters I have so far and write him again tonight :) He did write me within the first week too like he promised. He said he had to sneak and write me and it was completely dark and he was using the sun moonlight to see what he was writing I thought it was romantic. It did take awhile but the letter finally came. I am so happy. Thanks to my new friends Sarah, Ronni and Rosamarie. I really appreciate the feedback :)

-Haylee

Posted by: Haylee Lynn Peterson on 06/30/2011

ROSAMARIA ACOSTA Avatar

^^^HIGH FIVE^^^^ :D

Posted by: ROSAMARIA ACOSTA on 06/30/2011

Sarah York Avatar

Other

Oh yay! I am so happy for you! I am glad it was sweet too, that makes it even better! Now you can send all your letters to him and he can see how much you miss him too. I have found that writing Ted a letter has become my favorite part of each day! Do you feel that way too? Are you planning on going to his graduation in September?

Oh I am just so excited and happy for you, I can't wait to recieve my first letter!

Take care,
Sarah

Posted by: Sarah York on 07/01/2011

Sarah York Avatar

Other

Hayley,

I would like to stay in contact for I know nobody who has been through this situation so I have no advice from anyone. In response to how I am, I am better than I have been in the past few days. Now that I have finally got myself busy I don't have time to be upset. I have written 3 letters so far and plan to write everyday for the whole time he is gone. I can't waitbe able to get his first letter and for you to hear from your fiance and be able to senf your letters.

I found that what started helping me was to get myself busy and to realize I needed to hang on to and try and just think about all of the good times I have had with him. I miss him I really do. I am sure you miss your fiance as well. I hope to hear from you again.

Take Care,
Sarah

Posted by: Sarah York on 06/29/2011

Haylee Lynn Peterson Avatar

I finally recieved a letter from him!!!!!

-Haylee

Posted by: Haylee Lynn Peterson on 06/30/2011

Sarah York Avatar

Other

Hi Haylee, my name is Sarah. My boyfriend just left for Recruit Training in San DIego on June 26th, 2011. I am having a rough time going through it and would love to talk to someone who is going through the same thing. I hope you're doing okay and staying strong.

Posted by: Sarah York on 06/28/2011

Haylee Lynn Peterson Avatar

Sarah,

Hi sweetheat. How are you? Yes it is going to be a rough 13 weeks and trust me it will not be easy but just as we are home worrying and missing them they are working hard and of course missing us too. We have to be their strength. Write him as much as possible. I wrote my fiance 15 letters so far and he is in his 3rd week and I still have not gotten a letter from him yet. I miss him but I know he is very busy but thinking about me alot :)

Stay positive and think of happy times. It will be hard but just know that he loves you more than anything and he will be so excited to see you when he graduates. Please write back :) Don't be a stranger. We women have to stick together in these times :)

-Haylee

Posted by: Haylee Lynn Peterson on 06/29/2011

Ronni Schweyen Avatar

Hi Haylee, I am hoping that you are having a good day and staying strong! If you have not heard anything from your fiancee yet, contact his parents! Even if they don't know you very well, I am sure that they will share the address with you! Their son needs all the support he can get right now. I did get a real letter from Zach last Thursday. It was very short, but I know that they do not have very much time. Stay strong girl! If there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to contact me!

Ronni

Posted by: Ronni Schweyen on 06/27/2011

Haylee Lynn Peterson Avatar

Ronni,

Thank you so much for the encouragement :) I am staying as strong as I can be but I know he is thinking of me :) I am so happy hehe I can live through you Ronni lol.

Posted by: Haylee Lynn Peterson on 06/28/2011

Haylee Lynn Peterson Avatar

I finally receieved a letter from him!!!!

-Haylee

Posted by: Haylee Lynn Peterson on 06/30/2011

ROSAMARIA ACOSTA Avatar

Hi Haylee, you can contact his recruiting office where he signed on and pt'd...they will have his address i'm told....good luck sweety! no worries his letters coming ;) they are so busy and tired and their free time to write in the very beginning is sooooo limited...my son's 2 letters were short and sweet and he has told me he really only had the time to write me as for me not to be worried and that he would get to other family really soon...im sure this is the case with most recruits : ) hold on! its a tough road for them and us.

Posted by: ROSAMARIA ACOSTA on 06/27/2011

Haylee Lynn Peterson Avatar

Yes it is a very tough road. I do not know where he signed up at acually :) I am pretty sad I did not inquire more lol. I miss him so much :( Like I watch the mail guy every single day hoping I get a letter and I believe they are coming its just taking some time :) Thanks again sweetheart and I hope you stay strong as well

Posted by: Haylee Lynn Peterson on 06/28/2011

Haylee Lynn Peterson Avatar

I finally recieved a letter from him!!!!

-Haylee

Posted by: Haylee Lynn Peterson on 06/30/2011

Ronni Schweyen Avatar

Haylee, I received my first letter (form letter but he signed it!) on Thursday. Went straight to the post office and priority mailed some letters out. I have been doing that everyday as well as sending ones in the regular mail. I am hoping that this way he will be getting things every day! :) I am just keeping in mind that every day that passes, is making him stronger and I hope that each day is getting a little bit easier! Either way, Its always one day closer to graduation! I have my days where I like to throw little pity parties for myself, but those to shall pass!
I am in WI, where we finally have a morning of blue skies and sunshine! I am wishing you a great weekend as well!

Ronni

Posted by: Ronni Schweyen on 06/25/2011

Haylee Lynn Peterson Avatar

Ronni,

Wow I am so happy for you sweetheart. I am glad that you recieved a letter from him. He seems like a very nice guy. I hope all goes well for him. Sadly I have no received a letter from my fiance yet :( I am a little sad about it but I also know they are busy and maybe he just hasn't written me yet. I am sure his mother has received something from him but they do not really know me and I do not want to just call and ask them for his address. I wish I knew where to send the 15 letters I wrote him so far :(

Again I think its great that he wrote you and just stay strong and know that he is doing something amazing with his life and you are going to be that much more proud of him.

-Haylee

Posted by: Haylee Lynn Peterson on 06/27/2011

Ronni Schweyen Avatar

Haylee, my son also left for San Diego that day. I know that it is hard but, like I told Zach, just keep the big picture in focus! It is going to be a long 13 weeks until graduation, but he is doing it for a better life. Their days need to be spent on focusing on getting the job done. I have written at least one letter every day just waiting for an address. It will be coming soon! Just remember to keep your letters upbeat and positive!! I told Zachs girlfriend not to go on about how much she misses him and how lonely she is. He knows all that! He needs to know we are all fine, sleeping in, eating whatever we like, watching movies, talking nice long walks....etc. I hope that you have a support system in place when you are feeling really lonely, he needs you to be strong!!

Ronni

Posted by: Ronni Schweyen on 06/22/2011

Haylee Lynn Peterson Avatar

Ronni,

Thank you so much for the encouragement. Yes I do have a good support system. I have written my fiance 13 letters to date. I write him one everyday as we promised to write eachother everyday. I do miss him so much and I did express it in the letters but I also expressed how proud I am of him for doing something great and getting his career started. I have been waiting for a letter for what seems like forever lol. I will be glad when I will get one. When are you expecting your first letter?

-Haylee