Jackie Mancini Avatar

Does anyone else feel like this?

Posted By: Jackie Mancini 06-18-11

My son left for boot camp on the 13th and i haven't slept since. I am so worried about him. I am extremely proud of him and know this was the right decision, but i didn't think i would be this much of a baby... I cry at the drop of a hat, i wonder and worry all day (night time is the worst).... When will i get an address so i can write him?

ANGELA GRIFFITH Avatar

HI, My name is Angie my son also left on the 13th i am a nervous wreck but try to remember he's in good hands. I am also waiting for an address. If you would like to write sometime that would be great.
angie griffith

Posted by: ANGELA GRIFFITH on 01/22/2013

Teresa  Espinoza Avatar

Same thing is happening to me, especially since I have not receive any letters from him. I pray to God every day to help him and his brothers, to give them strength and courage to succeed this boot camp.

Posted by: Teresa Espinoza on 04/26/2012

Debbie Landry Avatar

Jackie, I know how you feel - I am being a big baby also - I cry just thinking about his decision - My son left August 1 and he is 24 - I waited all nite and for the next three days for a phone call - It never came - I started calling his recruiter and left several messages - Well this morning I got a message back from him saying that he was in training all last week and that my son was @ Parris Island and as far as he knew everything was OK - WE are so PROUD of our young men, but scared for them at the same time - do they really realize what is ahead of them - But I think the Pride and Courage they have shown making this decision shows what kind of young men we have raised - praying for your son and my son and all the young men and women that all these prayers will shield them from all harm and give them the strength to face their journey into the unknown - to tell you how much I miss him (my sister wrote a song and sang it and put it on my wall on facebook and I keep playing it over and over again) and everytime I pass by his room, I start tearing again - so you are not alone, we all have "angels" with us

Debbie

Posted by: Debbie Landry on 08/08/2011

Sherri  Watt Avatar

You are not alone, my son is 24rs old when he left on 7/26, I had so many emotions I couldn't get a handle on it. I spoke to another Marine Mom who shared her experience with me it put everything in prospective.

It will get better.

Posted by: Sherri Watt on 08/03/2011

Pam zelkovsky Avatar

Jackie
Im the same way you probably got some letters by now
but its still really hard i never wish for time to go fast as i do now
my son left on july 11th and i wait by the mail box every day
to get a letter from him
i write every day to him and tell him how proud i am and how much i miss him and love him
i could tell you it will get easier but the only time i feel it will be easier is when im on that
plane heading to paris island on oct 5th

Posted by: Pam zelkovsky on 07/28/2011

Annette Drummond Avatar

Jackie,
Ditto on everything you said. I am now past boot camp, the awesome graduation was June 10th, and my son is in advanced training. They will send you a letter shortly with his address/information.
I am new to this site and not exactly sure how to navigate properly, but just know that you are not alone in your feelings and fears.
God Bless,

Posted by: Annette Drummond on 06/22/2011

Ronni Schweyen Avatar

My son Zach left the 13th as well for San Diego. There is not a minute of every day that he is not on my mind. I have a huge stack of letters just waiting for an address! As far as I know, we should be getting their address this week. Our recruiter told me that within the first 2 weeks we would get it. It will be coming in a packet with all the do's and don'ts of writing them! I have not been crying as much lately because I know that this is something that he has wanted for ever! But I still have my moments! :)

PS I think the phone call was the worst moment so far...

Posted by: Ronni Schweyen on 06/22/2011

Haylee Lynn Peterson Avatar

Hi again Ronni,

You are such a gentle soul I can already tell. I too am waiting for a letter. I miss my fiance so much.

Posted by: Haylee Lynn Peterson on 06/22/2011

Christine Beverley-Wagner Avatar

My son left on the 20th, He is 18 and just graduated high school. I cried a lot the day he left, and was very anxious waiting for the phone call that he arrived. Even though the phone call was scripted and short, it was good to hear his voice. I too have good moments and tough moments, I think of him constantly and imagine what he is going through. David is my oldest of six children and my first to fly from the nest. He was a tough cookie to raise, and I had to stay on top of him, always reminding him to stay on track so he could achieve his goal and dream of being a Marine. David did the delayed entry program, and enlisted before he turned 18.

I too did not think I would cry and act the way I am, my husband thinks I'm crazy. He can't understand why I am so emotional and anxious yet I support him 100% and know this is where he belongs. I suppose it is a mother thing.

Please keep posting, let us know how he is doing. I am grateful to find this site and be able to find comfort among other moms.

Posted by: Christine Beverley-Wagner on 06/21/2011

Janet Brown Avatar

Hi Everyone!

My son left the 20th as well. He turned 18 in November but entered the delayed entry program in September. I support his decesion 100% too, but it sure is hard. I think of him all day and half the night. For the first time in my life I cant be there to help. I never thought I would be posting my feelings on a web site but it does help. I also started a journal the day he left, it helps too. Once he's home from bootcamp I will give it to him to read. Praying for all the Moms and Dads out there to get through this difficult chapter in our lives, and for our sons & daughters.

Posted by: Janet Brown on 06/23/2011

Haylee Lynn Peterson Avatar

Hi,

Wow you are a very strong woman I can tell :) My fiance left on June 13, 2011 also and I miss him so much. I am waiting on his first letter. Yes I have already written him 11 letters. 1 a day as well promised to write each other every single say. I tend to not miss a day either lol. I love him so much and I know he will have to strength to push forward as this is his career path. I know your son is thinking about you and missing you a lot as well. That is why he is going to push through because of the strength you are giving him at a distance. Stay strong :)

Posted by: Haylee Lynn Peterson on 06/21/2011

Kimberly Thomas Avatar

Jackie, my son leaves 6-28-11. I did not realize how much of a baby I would be. I too have been crying at the drop of a hat. I am very proud of my son. He is my youngest and I feel as though I am falling apart. I wonder if it is this hard now.........how in the world will I get through the 13 weeks after he leaves. I want to support my son. I want to be strong. He has wanted this for as long as I can remember. I joined this site in hopes I could find some comfort and to know there are others like to me. Thank you for your honesty and sharing.

Posted by: Kimberly Thomas on 06/21/2011

Jackie Mancini Avatar

kimberly, i am so glad to hear that i am not the only one!! This site is great and there are wonderful and supportive people here. I also have found some moms of US Marines in my neighborhood that have helped me so much. Be prepared... The worst part is watching him get on that bus and watching it pull away. Try to be strong for your son. He will probably be pretty nervous at that point and will need your strength. You can fall apart as soon as the bus turns the corner. I am hoping that when i get a letter from him, i'll be able to relax a little and maybe even sleep!! I grow more proud of him everyday though. I have his picture close by and pray for him numerous times a day. He is my oldest... First to leave the nest.
Where is your son leaving from?
I wish i could say it gets easier, but Zack has only been gone 1 week and I have good days and then really bad days. I am looking forward to hearing from him.
Lets keep in touch!

Posted by: Jackie Mancini on 06/21/2011

HEATHER LOHR Avatar

My son left for boot camp at Parris Island June 13 too. His recruiter will have a general address you can send mail to him at. Once they get picked up by their platoons they will have a platoon specific address. Make sure when you do get his address you don't write about your fears or you could distract him by making him worry about you!

I have a copy of the training matrix on the refrigerator and cross each day off the next morning. The schedule lists what they should doing that day. I then look up information on the Internet to get a good understanding of his daily training.

Posted by: HEATHER LOHR on 06/21/2011

Jackie Mancini Avatar

Hi Heather,
Where did your son leave from? I did contact the recruiter and got the address he had although he said the P.O box may not be correct. I made sure my letter was very encouraging and positive. I talked about courage, honor and committment as they suggested in that packet i got.
I LOVE the matrix! It gives things to write about too. I also started a journal of whats happening at
home because you can't include everything in the letter.
I am so proud of the boys... As i learn about what they have to do in boot camp, i am in awe of their strength and courage. Thank you for your support! Take care!

Posted by: Jackie Mancini on 06/21/2011

HEATHER LOHR Avatar

Jackie,
Hi! He left from Pittsburgh, PA. I hope they made it through today OK. It was HOT down there today! I too write about what he is doing in training. My letters ramble so badly he is going to think I'm nuts! One week down .... 12 to go. Is your son at Parris Island too? Are you going to the graduation?

Posted by: HEATHER LOHR on 06/21/2011