Sarita Bowers Avatar

Friend

Boyfriend going to bootcamp 8/6/11

Posted By: Sarita Bowers 06-07-11

I don't know if many girlfriends get on here and write but I need someone to talk to cause recruiters scare me so...yeah. My boyfriend is leaving in September to go to bootcamp. If anyone is willing to talk to me about what happens in the Marines...I have questions but I don't know who to talk to.

Alphonso Deah Avatar

Hello my name is Alphonso Deah i will like to talk to you......... i don't really know what happens there but i will like to say keep faith

Posted by: Alphonso Deah on 01/15/2013

Angelique Chumendoza Avatar

I'm so glad I was browsing on this website and found you because I'm in the same situation. My boyfriend, Matthew, leaves for Parris Island within in the next two months and I have no one to talk to. All my friends don't understand what it's like, but I know they try. I'll try getting on here more often so we can have some girl talks :)

Posted by: Angelique Chumendoza on 06/16/2011

Carolina Bermudez Avatar

Other

I'm a girlfriend of a Recruit. He's currently in boot camp, and it is pretty hard, but I think this time apart has made our love grow even more. As far as the communication, the best thing you could do for him when he is in boot camp is to write, and to write positive things and as much as you can. He'll really appreciate that. In every letter I receive from my bf, he always writes: "always write to me". :Letters are their motivation.

Posted by: Carolina Bermudez on 06/12/2011

alex abplanalp Avatar

Other

I know that you wrote on this about a year ago but my boyfriend just left for boot camp and yeah i need help...any advice?

Posted by: alex abplanalp on 04/11/2012

Angela Maguder Avatar

Other

No, we started dating after he got home from boot. We started hanging out about a month before he left and I wasn't sure I was strong enough to be in a relationship like this--so we just left it at that. I missed him alot though and was writing almost everyday. I'll never forget the first time I saw him thugh, the night he came home. It was among the happiest to date. We started dating shortly after that and have never been happier!! Our realtionship has been built on love, faith, trust and communication. He recently finished flight school and is now stationed in Cali. It's like were a world apart but I would not trade our relationship for ANYTHING!

Posted by: Angela Maguder on 06/09/2011

Angela Maguder Avatar

Other

Hey,
I don't know a ton about what goes on but my boyfriends been a part of the Marines for almost 2 years now so I might be able to answer some questions. I'm sure many have told you this already but you need to be strong. It is hard. When he's gone write him! Even if you don't send them all when you miss him just write. It helped me some and I didn't send them all but when he came home he was able to see that i was thinking about him alot. That's the biggest thing i can think of for what you can do while he's away. Anymore questions I'm happy to try and answer.

Posted by: Angela Maguder on 06/08/2011

Sarita Bowers Avatar

Friend

Yes a lot of people had said it was hard. Even his recruiter said that we probably wouldn't make cause I guess that a lot of relationships end during those 3 months. Im glad he is doing this and making something of his life but I don't like being away from him. I guess im just going to have to suck it up. Its his dream and i'm proud. Were you two going out before he left for bootcamp?

Posted by: Sarita Bowers on 06/09/2011

erika wong Avatar

Family

Hi Sarita, my boyfriend and I, we started talking to each other through Yahoo Messenger and Webcam about a month We are fall in love so quickly and he introduce his son to me. and i'm sure I was strong enough and ready for this relationship. And we have a plan he'll take a leave shortly then we will meet in state to see his only son and (first time to met me). I missed him alot even though we talking everyday, we spend like 2-3 hrs (sometime even more) on Yahoo Messenger and also by email. And we have plan to get marry, We started dating shortly and our realtionship has been built on love, faith, trust and communication. my case it just so complicate. Caused I feel something is not right. and I'm not sure here is the right place we can discuss.

Posted by: erika wong on 04/18/2012

Sandra Burns Avatar

Some readers will probably say that I always say this. But I'm going to talk first about a few things that I consider very important for him to know, you and his family before he leaves. Make sure he brings some stamps while you or his family can send more, once you guys get his address, send envelopes.
Second, the first letter will be his address, about a week later you guys should be receiving his first actual later. Now, please remember this part. You guys are going to be receiving letters from him, maybe asking to write back, even though you probably already sent 50 letters like was my case with my daugther haha... just exagerating! He is not receiving letters for at least the first 3 weeks, but eventually he will get them all, so tell him this, that way he won't think every body forgot about him. And tell his family that way they won't be worried like I was thinking that I probably got the wrong address. :(
Now, I know that many recruits get a little frustrated with the training, it is stressful. So, please write nice things to him, make him laugh, tell him how proud you guys are of him. All of this things will mean a lot to him. They don't need to hear bad news, unless they are strictly necessary. As matter of fact, if there is a family emergency, you guys should contact the red cross and they will contact him. His family will receive a letter with this information. but that is just for emergencies. Like I said, with the time you will notice how much support he will need.
Don't send any type of food, or musical cards. You can send letters and pictures, a lot of pictures to motivate him. Tell him a lot how proud you are of him and that you can't wait to be at his graduation and see him become a Marine. That is pretty much it. I hope this helps.
Proud Mother of a beautiful, fantastic and strong US Marine.

Posted by: Sandra Burns on 06/08/2011

Sarita Bowers Avatar

Friend

Aw that is going to be hard for him. Thanks for letting me know. :) I wasn't sure if we could send pictures or not. I'm glad we can. I wish we could visit! Haha!

Posted by: Sarita Bowers on 06/09/2011

Sandra Burns Avatar

No visitor until Family Day (The day before graduation) Depending on when he leaves (My daughter left on September 7) you guys should get a phone call from him on Thanksgiving Day. I got one from my daughter. Then a phone call on Liberty Sunday, which is the day after they finish The Crucible. Good luck!

Posted by: Sandra Burns on 06/09/2011

Brenda Edwards Avatar

Other

my boyfriend graduated in Jan. of this year from recruit training. i'd love to share my story, hear yours, and help you with anything that i can =]

Posted by: Brenda Edwards on 06/08/2011

Hailey Morelos Avatar

Other

Hey!
There is actually a website that is really good for girlfriends with boyfriends enlisted and also at bootcamp. They have helped me alot already! My boyfriend has been there for three days. If you have any questions let me know! Here for you!

Posted by: Hailey Morelos on 06/08/2011

Sarita Bowers Avatar

Friend

Awesome. :) What is the website?

Posted by: Sarita Bowers on 06/09/2011

Hailey Morelos Avatar

Other

its experienceproject.com Im a part of it and theres a bunch of groups you can join like girlfriends and wives of a marine, and i love a recurit in bootcamp. Theres a ton of people on it! Im sorta new to it also but if u want you can search for me lifeisbeautiful07
Hope that helps!!