Viola Mason Avatar

Address Issue

Posted By: Viola Mason 01-30-11

Today is Sunday, January 30th. My son left January 10th, and I got a call today from a fellow church member in California named Brother Bennett. It came out that my son has not receive any of the mail I have been sending him, none, so what is going on out there. He said other guys got mail he just had not received anything, so brother Bennett has my son write my name and phone number down said he would give me a call find out what was going on, my son the sweetheart, tells him about my condition and says if she's sleeping don't wake her up. Talk to my step-dad, lol, but after this man called talked to my husband explained how my son was little down in the dumps because he had not received any mail, I called back. I explained what happened with his recruiter giving me the wrong address and that Joe probably had mail just sitting over there at the 36001 address for the platoon 1010. Brother Bennett thanked me for my call said if Joe did not receive mail by next week he would go over to and check into it because if they had not sent the mail back to me and not given the mail to Joe it was sitting there. So once again, I have to worry about my son I have written him 5 letters now, 2 at the wrong address and 3 at the right one and he has not got any. His girlfriend has sent him at least 2 letters, my mom has sent him one, so he has them just they has not delivered them, anyone else have this issue?

Maurice "MOE" Duran Avatar

Former Marine

Viola,

I'm glad to hear that your son has finally received your mail. motivational support is very important as he goes through his training. I remember that I did not receive my mail as quickly as the other recruits and it was a bummer but then when the mail started coming it was great! I am not sure if you have heard about a website for Marine parents so I would like to give you the web address. It is http://www.recruitparents.com and is full of all the information you need need to know. Hopefully this will be of some help. One month down and 56 days left to go. Hope to see you at graduation on April 8th.

Semper Fi,
Moe

Posted by: Maurice "MOE" Duran on 02/09/2011

Community Manager Avatar

COMMUNITY MANAGER

Viola,
Thanks for the update. We are glad to hear that Joe has received your letters of support.

-LifeAsAMarine.com Community Manager

Posted by: Community Manager on 02/08/2011

Viola Mason Avatar

Up-Date
got a letter Monday from my son stating he has finally gotten 3 of my letters and 2 from his girlfriend, so he at least now is getting mail just running slow. His moral is back up and he is so happy. my heart was so full to know he his spirits are lifted and he can now concentrate on his marines stuff.

Mother now happy

Viola

Posted by: Viola Mason on 02/07/2011

Viola Mason Avatar

today is feb 4th, received letter from my son post marked dated feb 1st, as of then he still has not received any mail, and his moral is dropping really low, it makes me cry to think he's out there thinking we don't care enough to write back. I called his recruiter told him to please look into the mail issue, I also called the church member to ask him to express to my son that we are writing, but they are there in limbo somewhere, that we love him very much, and will continue to write and hopefully he will get them soon, I hope the same with you son, letters mean a lot to these boys.

Viola

Posted by: Viola Mason on 02/05/2011

Joni Roake Avatar

My son left for boot camp at Camp Pendelton on January 23rd. I called his local SSGT recruiter this week and was also given a wrong PLT number. Unknowingly, I forwarded the wrong address information to friends and family so they could start writing and send their love and support. On Wednesday of this week, I received a form letter from my son with his mailing address and noticed the difference so I immediately let everyone know about the discrepancy but in many cases, cards and letters had already been sent. I worry that my son will not receive any mail and this will hurt his moral. Yesterday I sent a huge care package to the correct address express mail. I sure hope he gets it.

Posted by: Joni Roake on 02/04/2011

DeLane Sussen Avatar

I know the feeling, My son also left on the 10th and arrived in Cali on the 11th. I finally received my first letter on the 26th. That is how I got his address, I have mailed him letters since receiving his address and it just pains me that he thinks we have not wrote.... I'm so PROUD of my son and wish I would have got address before the 26th so he would know that his family supports him in this big change in his life...

Posted by: DeLane Sussen on 02/01/2011